So..... I didn't think things could get any nuttier here, but I was totally wrong. Again I apologize for not updating sooner, it just seems life gets in the way:O) So where was I... Oh yes, that house that we bid on and lost that we were hoping would fall through for the other people...did!!! We don't have a closing date yet, but we have completed inspections and been talking to contractors for bids- Very exciting! We definitely will be busy with this new house as it is a "fixer-upper" but it has GREAT potential, is on an acre and is in a really good area. About the time we found out we got the house and now had a million things to do with that, we had to fire our daycare provider because she left Natalie with her 15 year old granddaughter and a neighbor while she ran errands. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid woman. There was literally smoke coming out of my ears. She did not end up coming back to her house before David and I decided to leave (we had been waiting to speak with her in person) which probably ended up being a good thing. To make a long story short, our contract with her that we had signed, stated that we would give her 4 weeks notice prior to terminating employment. But given that she was making poor decisions in regards to Natalie's care, we fired her immediately and called licensing and a child care legal hot line, as she was already calling and yelling about legal action if we did not pay for the month of August (the next four weeks). The lawyers said she's an idiot and that she breached her contract with us, by leaving Natalie with someone else, and licensing is investigating her because she has no one else listed on her license, therefore she broke the law when leaving Natalie with someone else. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid woman. We got served with legal paper last week. She is taking us to small claims court for $1,452.69. Not really sure how she came up with that number... We'll find out 9/9/09. Go Team Sowle. We are going to counter sue. and she has absolutely no chance, no leg to stand on so to speak. SO like I said- I didn't think things could get any nuttier, but I was totally wrong. David has been working from home most of the time to care for Natalie because I can't take any time off from my new job (which is going really well by the way, although busy cause it's full time and 30 min away) and then in the evenings we were getting bids, picking out windows, and interviewing daycare people. The good thing is, the bids are in and done, we have childcare lined up for two weeks and then we found a daycare place we really like in Granite Bay for once we move. Hopefully things are settling down for us once again.:O) Well I'm exhausted and need to go to bed, I hope you enjoy the pics I posted, and the little video at the end. Her new dance moves crack me up! LOL


No comments:
Post a Comment