Thursday, February 10, 2011

I took a break and now I'm back!
















Hi there everyone! I took a little break getting over the Holidays and am ready to get back in my groove. So what's been going on with us??? So much! For starters, we really had fun with our short trip to Michigan for the wedding showers. It was nice seeing everyone and kicking off the wedding activities! In December, we had a nice long visit with Grandma Mary and Grandpa Scott over Christmas. David rented a back-hoe to move around the 300+ yards of dirt that we got from the road construction and he and his dad had fun playing in the mud with large equipment the week of Christmas. The landscape of the yard looks totally different now, much more level as far as the general slope, although it still needs a final grade and top soil. We had purchased a rental property out here, and in the last few months, we have really focused on remodeling it and getting it ready to be rented. It is in Carmichael so if you know of anyone looking for a place to live....:O)

We enjoyed a VERY quick trip to Michigan in January for Stephen and Candace's wedding. It was beautiful!!!! Candace was a gorgeous bride and Natalie did a great job as a flower girl. She smiled and said "hi" as she walked down the isle, wiped out on her dress climbing up the stairs, gave Cousin Justin the Officiant a high five and stood by Jess and me watching the violinist while Candace walked down the isle. She (Natalie) did awesome. Even though she was tried, she stood and smiled for pics after the ceremony. Then Natalie went to Grandma Jill's to take a nap while the rest of the wedding party went to a bridge and hotel in Midland to take pictures in -9 degree weather. No kidding!!! It was sooooo cold! I was very glad I brought my fur coat. The reception was a blast with great food and great friends. It was wonderful seeing so many people that I haven't seen in a long, long time. Natalie was able to make it back to the reception for dancing and even got to see Sparty! Candace's dad rented Sparty for the evening (Michigan State's mascot) and he was around for pictures for a while. Natalie thought he was pretty cool:O). She had so much fun cutting rug on the dance floor. She thought she was so cool because she and Candace had similar dresses and she could twirl. People kept trying to pick her up to dance but she would wiggle and wiggle because she wanted to shake her booty on her own! LOL it was pretty funny! Since we've been back from Michigan, we have been working on getting things in order around here. Oh yeah, did I mention that Mary and I painted Natalie's big girl room while they were here? We completely finished everything a few weeks before Michigan and she is sucessfully moved into her big girl bed room which she thinks is "so beautiful!"- see pics. We installed our front lights, dining room light, hemmed, ironed and hung curtains in our bedroom, finally hung some more pictures and are generally working to get the house in order. I guess the big push is more from me than from David but with good reason. We are expecting a special addition to our family in June. I am currently 20 weeks and we are due June 30th. Family and Natalie found out at Christmas. Natalie is doing great. She seems excited to be a big sister. Telling people on the airplanes and supermarkets that she's going to be a big sister and that "Mommy has a baby in her belly, but I don't have a baby in my belly." It's kinda funny. We are reading the new baby books/big sister books and I really think she's taking things in. Tonight on the way home from swim class (yeah we started that too) she asked me out of the blue if we were going to bring the baby home from the hospital. We talked about how yes, we will bring the baby home once the baby is born, but that the baby is living in my belly. she notices my bigger belly and touches it a lot but she can't feel any kicking yet. We get to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl next Friday. I'm pretty excited. I don't have feelings either way, but I have had two dreams that it's a boy. We will keep you posted!


Like I said, Natalie started swim classes 3 weeks ago. She goes once a week for 30 mins. Tonight was the first night I had gone with her because I had conferences the last two Thursdays. She has learned so much and gotten so much more comfortable in the water in the last few weeks! She is an old pro at going underwater and was even diving for rings by herself on the steps! Very fun to watch. :O) Well, I am starting to get a little tired and I think I've made up for my lack of posting with the length of this post:O) Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment