Grandma Mary will be here in less than a week! How exciting!!! We are looking forward to it as we haven't seen her since November.
We just began working toward a huge milestone for Natalie... Potty Training!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH! Actually it's going ok. we've been going strong for a week now. We began last weekend on Saturday and she started off great with a number one and two in the potty. We kept her in big girl underoos all weekend so she could get the feeling of being wet and associate it with feeling the urge to go. A little messy, but not bad while sitting on the potty every hour. She did fairly well and likes her rewards- M & M's and stickers. She is slowly getting the idea and recognizing the urge. By Sunday afternoon, she was tinkling just a tiny bit in her undies, but would come tell me right away and we'd go sit on the pot and she would go. Then two nights ago at dinner, she grabbed her pants and looked at me and we ran to the potty and.. no accident!!! We made it to the potty! Same thing tonight- so she was able to recognize the feeling and hold it long enough to get to the potty! YAY!! We're getting there. What a big girl!other than that things have been pretty normal around here- we went down town to look at front doors for the house a few weeks ago and had some time to kill before we were supposed to meet friends for dinner so we headed to the Sac Zoo. Not very many animals were out and Natalie was having opposite day. Consequently David was melting down because Natalie was "Miss No" girl. Yeah, it was fun. LOL. It did turn out to be a nice evening though, a friend's mom watched Natalie and we went to a crab feed. Fun! OH yeah, so I failed to mention that the weekend we began potty training, Natalie was also having opposite days then too. You would ask her to come to you and she would run and hide between the coffee table and the couch, ask her to put something away and she would do the opposite. You would ask her if she wanted a time out and she would say yes. You would tell her she was going to get a time out and she would say "time out, ok". It was a little trying to say the least. So earlier this week, I was talking to a colleague who said something about ignoring her when she is doing things like that, and she will come right around because she just wants the attention. DUH, I thought why didn't I think of that, Ive worked with kids! So I decide to try in at home that evening... After bath time, I'm trying to get her lotion'd up to put her diaper on and PJ's and she runs away, out of the bathroom buck naked. (she had gone potty 30 mins or so prior) I call her and ask her to come back to get her stuff on and she doesn't come. So I leave the bathroom and do something else. Sure enough as I walk by the coffee table, there she is, wedged between the couch and the table, bare bootie in the air. I ignore her and go do something else. What does she do? she runs into the other living room and pees in the corner. AHHHH! the moral of the story is... if you are going to ignore your child, make sure she has a diaper on. LOL. Enjoy the pics!
No comments:
Post a Comment